IPS, short for International Patching System, is a binary patch format commonly used for game patching. IPS Peek is a free IPS patch analyzer for Microsoft Windows.
Usually, IPS patches can only be analyzed with hex editors; this can be difficult if the user has no knowledge of the IPS file format. IPS Peek allows IPS patches to be easily viewed in a visual way.
IPS patches can be opened, along with an optional target file (a file the patch is designed for). Each patch record can be clicked in a list, showing the data that is written to the file (in the Data View). Patch records can be selectively enabled or disabled for a given target file, and tested with an emulator, all from within the application. Patch report information can also be exported for later use.
Download the latest version, v0.6.0 February 10, 2015 (freeware)Download IPS Peek (Direct Download)
Download IPS Peek (Softpedia.com Mirror)
File size: 632.5 KB
Requires: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Selective patching with instant visual file diff.
- Emulator testing (with selected patch records).
- Supports loading of a target file to see how patch records affect it (with patched file diff and highlighting).
- Shows patch records, record sizes, offsets and more!
- Shows Lunar IPS truncate extension (CHS).
- Shows data (in a hex view) written by a patch record.
- Shows total size of all modified data.
- Allows exporting of patch information to a text file for later use.
- Filtering support.
Found a bug or want to request a feature?
You can visit the official bug tracker on Bitbucket
Suggestions and feedback are welcome on the IPS Peek official forum