CodeIsle.com provides web directory information (data from dmoz.org) that has been formatted into easy to view and edit comma separated values files (CSV).
The provided files can be opened in LibreOffice, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, a text editor, or other programs supporting comma delimited data. There are over 200 files included.
- Website URL
- Website category
- Website description
- Category ID
Download a free sample:Dmoz CSV Web Directory Data
File size: 709.4 KB
Purchase ($20.00 USD):
List of categories included:
Inside the root folder there are two types of files for each main category:
- Files with a “_category” suffix, which contain data related to the categories in the web directory (category id, category path, and category name)
- Files with a “_listing” suffix, which contain information for each website in the web directory (category id, category path, website URL, website description, and website name).
In this folder, you will also find two log files (with a “_generation_log” suffix). These log files contain useful statistics for the “_category” and “_listing” files. Inside the main folder there is also a sub folder called “world”. This folder contains “_category” and “_listing” files for various non-English languages.
- An application capable of handling large CSV files (e.g. Microsoft Excel [2007 or greater recommended], LibreOffice, a text editor [not recommended]).
- RAM: Minimum of 3GB is recommended.
- An operating system supporting Unicode characters (Note to Windows users: please don’t use the default unzip tool included with your operating system, as it does not support Unicode file names. Instead, using a third party application such as PeaZip).
The provided files in this distribution contain content and structure data from The Open Directory Project of dmoz.org, available under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License Copyright © The Open Directory Project. Read full license details here: http://www.dmoz.org/license.html
Disclaimer: the maker of the provided files in this distribution is not affiliated with The Open Directory Project.